How The Mighty Fall: And Why Some Companies Never Give In
- 强大企业的兴衰：为什么有些公司从来不屈服(How The Mighty Fall: And Why Some Companies Never Give In)简介：
Amidst the desolate landscape of fallen great companies, Jim Collins began to wonder: How do the mighty fall? Can decline be detected early and avoided? How far can a company fall before the path toward doom becomes inevitable and unshakable? How can companies reverse course?
In How the Mighty Fall, Collins confronts these questions, offering leaders the well-founded hope that they can learn how to stave off decline and, if they find themselves falling, reverse their course. Collins' research project--more than four years in duration--uncovered five step-wise stages of decline:
Stage 1: Hubris Born of Success
Stage 2: Undisciplined Pursuit of More
Stage 3: Denial of Risk and Peril
Stage 4: Grasping for Salvation
Stage 5: Capitulation to Irrelevance or Death
By understanding these stages of decline, leaders can substantially reduce their chances of falling all the way to the bottom.
Great companies can stumble, badly, and recover.
Every institution, no matter how great, is vulnerable to decline. There is no law of nature that the most powerful will inevitably remain at the top. Anyone can fall and most eventually do. But, as Collins' research emphasizes, some companies do indeed recover--in some cases, coming back even stronger--even after having crashed into the depths of Stage 4.
Decline, it turns out, is largely self-inflicted, and the path to recovery lies largely within our own hands. We are not imprisoned by our circumstances, our history, or even our staggering defeats along the way. As long as we never get entirely knocked out of the game, hope always remains. The mighty can fall, but they can often rise again.
- 《七步搞定成功商业计划》Seven Steps to a Successful Business Plan [PDF]
- 《项目管理手册修订版第二版》The Handbook of Project Management Revised 2nd Edition [PDF]
- 《管理者的五种想法》The Five Minds of a Manager [PDF]
- 《优秀的领导能力》Great Leadership: What It Is and What It Takes in a Complex World [PDF]
- 《丰田管理》Toyota Kata [PDF]
- 《失败就在一点：供应链风险管理的10条法则》Single Point of Failure: The 10 Essential Laws of Supply Chain Risk Management [PDF]
- 《优势领导》Strengths-Based Leadership [PDF]
- 《知识创新与管理：管理者新挑战》Knowledge Creation and Management: New Challenges for Managers [PDF]
- 《杰出的领导：将优秀管理者变为杰出领导者》The Extraordinary Leader: Turning Good Managers into Great Leaders [PDF]
- 《项目经理街头智慧》Project Manager Street Smarts [PDF]