- 约翰·克拉伯 John Klapper
- 现代德语语法实用指南(Modern German Grammar: A Practical Guide)简介：
- Modern German Grammar is divided into two parts. Part A covers traditional grammatical categories such as word order, nouns, verbs and adjectives. Part B is carefully organized around language functions and notions such as:
* Expressing regret
* Voicing an opinion or casting doubt on something
The book addresses learners' pratical needs and presents the uses to which we put language in order to communicate effectively in a wide range of situations. Implementing feedback from users of the first edition, this second edition features:
* The new German spelling system
* Fuller explanations of grammatical structures in Part A
* Even more extensive cross-referencing between Parts A and B
* A comprehensive index to the full grammar
The grammar assumes no previous grammatical training and is intended for all those who have a basic knowledge of German, from intermediate learners in schools and adult education to undergraduates taking German as a major or minor part of their studies.
This grammar is also accompanied by a second edition of the Modern German Grammar Workbook, featuring exercises and activities which link directly to the grammar.